Thursday, June 19, 2008

Lemons - They Make Great Lemonade!


There's an old saying that goes...

"When life throws you lemons, make lemonade!"

How true...so true!

My life is composed of more downs than ups.
The tragedies I have witnessed in my life, forced me to have to deal with things as they came.

I didn't have your average happy youth, "Au contraire"...

I was born the middle child. I was also known as the black sheep of my family!

Both my brother and sister got glorified by my mother, yet I was left in the sidelines, basically left for dead and had no choice but to fend for myself.
No amount of good I could ever do would ever change the way my own mother treated me!
I was alone!

I learned a lot about life at a very young age. Most of my teachers were strangers to most, but they became my family!

I grew up at the neighbour's house, in her kitchen. Not for nothing that today I can cook just about anything, if I put my mind to it.

Over the years, I have come face to face with many who have gotten to know me and immediately felt threatened or overwhelmed by my person.

Needless to say, this has caused me a great deal of hurt and harm in my life, having found myself facing situations beyond my control, due to the fact that someone wanted me abolished!

I cannot help but be who I am!

If I make you laugh, it's because I have spent far too many years crying!

If I can cook a meal that would be classified as 5 star quality, it's because my mother wanted nothing to do with me and so I would run to the only place I knew I was appreciated - My neighbour's kitchen, where I baked my first cake at the age of 7.

If I can keep a clean home and have some décor sense, it's because I grew up in a filthy home where just about anything went and nothing matched!

If I can get along with everyone and actually be liked, it's because I learned early on, that there is good and bad in all races, color and religion. I never brought anyone down, no matter where they were from, as many different people have helped me, in more ways than my own family ever could or would.

If I am appreciated by others, it's because I am a giver and give with all my heart, always!

I didn't become who I am without all the trials and events I have had to endure! I have spent countless years crying, simply wishing I could die! I have failed to take my own life on three (3) separate occasions…as how much more harm and hurt can one person take?!

I slowly came to realize that I cannot change our world and have no control over how people live and view me, not even my own family!

I simply learned how to take the lemons which were thrown at me and make lemonade!

Care for a glass?