Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Introductions are in order




I have lost more than half the people I loved. I know what it means to look death in the eye and what it feels like to be hungry. I have touched many people's lives with my stories, my trials and never dying determination to make things right. I am a survivor, one person out of many I know, who would give up everything for one cause...PEACE.

I have started my life over, more times than one could imagine. Come face to face with homelessness and know how to appreciate a simple hot cup of coffee. I have lost many good people in my life and the irony behind their deaths, is that they were the only ones who truly knew who I am.

I am being tested, this I can tell you. The trials and events that I have survived would truly brake down the average man. Yet, I still manage to get on top and never look back down.

I suppose my strength comes from a long line of fighters. The richness behind my family history, may play key in why I am determined to not fail at anything that challenges me.

I am a strong woman, unlike anyone you'll ever encounter. My sharp mind and my desire to know everything about the world we live in is what drives me. My ability to laugh and to not allow things affect me, is what brings people closer to me. I find comedy in even the worst of tragedies.

Knowledge is power and will drives my determination. No one has a perfect life, but not everyone is able to set aside their imperfections and truly shine.

If I were to describe the best things in life, I would start by saying, without laughter and comedy, I would not want to be here.