
With the summer months upon us, I took a pro-active approach in potty training my 28 month old! Not quite 2 1/2, I decided it was far time that she learned to do her little business like a big girl! Something has to be said about the cost of buying diapers for 2...soon 3! It was definitely crunch time!
I allowed her to run around our home, wearing just little panties. After a few accidents, wipe outs and permanent spotting of carpets, she soon realized that she didn't need to feel so wet if she simply sat her little bum on the little white potty.
At first, she would do so but would forget to remove her undies!
It was priceless!
Success was hers at that moment, as she would look for her "High-Five"...wet panties and all! She must have gone through 6-8 pairs of undies that day!
We would send her to bed wearing simply a pull-up and come morning, the pull-up would be dry and she would immediately proceed to relieve herself!
She would spend her entire days in clean underwear, as the accidents were no more!
How proud she was each time, as she knew to remove the little bucket and the flush the waste down into the toilet! High-fives all around!
I am happy to say that by the time her baby brother arrives...overnight pull-ups will be a thing of the past!
I am so proud of my little girl!
Here's hoping I can get her little sister to follow as soon as she starts walking!
Wouldn't that be something!
They do say: "Monkey see, monkey do!"
Keeping fingers crossed!