
I am presently pregnant with my 4th child. In all the years that I have spent waddling back and forth, carrying a baby between my legs, not once have I known the answer to the question above! Sad to say it, but I will not hold my breath to ever know the answer to that question!
My first pregnancy, the one MOST would consider to be important, came and went with little to no excitement! It was an unwanted baby by everyone else around (including its biological father). I was unmarried and there was no hope of ever tying the knot.
Having left a rather abusive relationship, I spent the next 7 years alone, raising this child all by myself, with little to no help in this world.
Miracles do happen! After so many years alone, I finally met a wonderful man, fell in love, got married 6 months later and our family began to bloom!
Pregnancy #2, came just before we were wed and caused quite the negative reaction from many around...especially from my husband's side of the family! We were unwed and according to them...barely knew one another enough to take on such a massive commitment!
Pregnancy #3, now married...once again, my husband's side of the family were in shock, as all they could do is count the days before our relationship/marriage would fall apart!
Now with baby #4 on its way...still married and very happily at that...still no real positive reaction from my husband's side of the family!
What is wrong with this picture?
Why can't people simply be happy for others?
Family, above all, should be the first to join in and celebrate a new life!
A new addition to the family should be a wonderful gift to all who are concerned!
Not in this case...
I will simply say that Baby Showers are a way for family to celebrate the new arrival of a baby...a WANTED baby...
I guess all 4 children of mine, born and unborn, were clearly unwanted...3 of which happen to be disregarded by my husband's side of the family!
How sad is that?