Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Extremely Exhausted


For the past 11 days, I have been battling with a nasty, deep, chest cold. It might have been alright and quite acceptable in normal circumstances, but I am 17 days away from giving birth and every coughing spell I go through, seriously takes the wind out of me and hurts my already sore belly!

Last Friday, I had a false alarm. I was out shopping with my husband and two daughters, when all of a sudden this sheer pain came over me. We had just arrived at the Toys R Us, when I asked my husband for the keys to the van.

I was dizzy, short of breath and honestly didn't think I would make it to our van, as I made my way, holding on to the outside walls of the store! My entire world flashed before my eyes, as everything spun, all around me. I couldn't wait for this feeling to be over. Seemed like an eternity.

On Saturday, I had little to no energy in me. I knew something wasn't quite right. We packed up the kids and headed off to the hospital. I arrived at the Maternity Ward's Case Room and the nurse immediately took me in. I was pale and looked like a ghost. After almost 5 hours, the final diagnosis was made. The baby is fine, but I was the one who had a very low blood pressure and I was told I needed to get plenty of rest. Not the easiest thing to do when you have a full household to care for.

Luckily for me, this was the long weekend, therefor my husband was home and could manage things while I rested, relaxed and slept! Believe me, I made the best of it!

I feel a great deal better. Unfortunately, this bloody chest cold is still taking a beating on me physically! I wish I could take something to relieve the symptoms, but I cannot, as I am pregnant!

I have but 17 days left before I am due. I can only pray that I will have enough energy to see this final delivery through! I am extremely exhausted from all the coughing and look forward to some relief!

I wish I could go into labor NOW! But this is not something I can control!

Until such time, I will try to take it easy and get the necessary rest I need!