
For a few weeks now, ever since my sister got her IUD pulled out, she has been hoping and trying to fall pregnant again. I guess she sees me on my 4th child and can't help but want another, just so that my nephew wouldn't grow up an only, lonely child!
I was at the pharmacy, when she called that she was on her way. She was coming over with my nephew to spend the day with all of us. She asked me if I could pick up a pregnancy test for her. I didn't think anything of this, as I was more than happy to know that she was trying to fall pregnant again!
When I got to the shelf, where all the pregnancy tests were displayed, I was immediately overwhelmed with the choices they had. Prices ranged from $10.00 all the way up to $30.00, depending on how accurate you wanted the test to be! They even had tests to measure a woman's fertility cycle! I couldn't get over how far our world has advanced in this area of medicine!
With the pharmacist counter right behind me, I proceeded to walk over and ask someone for help!
MB: "Excuse me? Could I please get some assistance?"
Pharmacist: "Sure Madame! How may I help you?"
MB: "Could you please tell me which one of these pregnancy tests is the most accurate, for its price?"
The pharmacist took a good look at me and responded...
"Go home, look in the mirror and save your money!"
I almost peed myself laughing!!!
It never dawned on me, how odd my question must have seemed, given my current condition!