Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's Finally Done!


Over the past 2-3 weeks, I have been stressing out! I have been doing everything in my power to ensure that my son change, not only his school, but his school board too!

I am happy to announce that just yesterday, Monday, I got the call I was waiting for!

Starting today, my son will be sitting in his new classroom, in his new school!

I do not think I could have chosen a better school! It has an excellent reputation and it was referred to me by another parent, who works at our local YMCA as a councillor. I am so glad I took her advice!

School's Philosophy:
Students are given many opportunities to find their strengths and to grow intellectually, socially, emotionally, physically and morally as responsible members of a technological society who will possess skills, self-esteem and initiative.

Programs:
This school takes pride in its accelerated French Immersion program and they boast earning Math and Geography awards. Classes are equipped with computer programs and Internet access and we foster a true school community by promoting cooperation among cycles.

Their award winning Step-to-Success program enriches all students through stimulating bilingual projects catered to individual needs and interests. Their full time music specialist instills a love for music appreciation and the children enjoy participating in the annual music concerts. Their Science teacher arouses curiosity and prepares students for the Science convention. Their physical education program promotes team spirit, cooperation and physical fitness and is enriched with GMAA events, lunch hour team sports and the annual Jump Rope for Heart. Their librarian and team of parent volunteers welcome and assist children every day of the week.

Events/Activities:
They offer an Extended Day Program which includes homework tutorial and exciting extracurricular courses. The school is connected to the local YMCA and they offer support to local charities such as the local Food Bank.

Parental Participation:
Parents are committed to excellence and are exceptionally active through the Home and School, the Governing Board and the Parent Advisory Committee.

Services:
-Interactive lunch hour clubs
-Computerized library
-Educational outings
-Book fairs/visiting authors/artists
-Crisis intervention program
-Speech and language therapy
-Soutien linguistic intervention
-Hot lunch program
-Social services
-Academic Merit Awards
-Good Deed Certificates

Overall, I do not think I could have chosen a better school for my son!

I am looking forward to hearing how his first day went! I can only hope that this new change in his life will revive in him the WANT and EXCITEMENT to learn and excel!

It was a long and hard process, but it is finally done!