
What would you do, if you knew that your child's future and well being lay in the hands of another? How helpless would you feel?
Yesterday's day is better left forgotten, as I spent this day completely destroyed emotionally, as my nerves slowly consumed me!
I got a call from the English School Board, letting me know that my son's file is at a standstill! They were unable to retrieve my son's biological father's school records.
The one and only person who can do so, is a man I have known to be quite the procrastinator and never took anything of importance seriously! Note: It's not for nothing this man is my "EX".
I emailed him, basically begged him, to call the office and to get the necessary documents out of archives. I even went as far as emailing his folks, so that they too could be aware of this important request!
Imagine my lack of surprise, when I logged onto my computer, this early morning...
NO RESPONSE!
For over 10 years, I have left this man to be. Never asked him for a single dime in child support, NOTHING! He was able to move on with his life, happy as can be. He remarried, has 4-5 children and not once have I bothered him for anything...except now!
Will he pull through? Will he understand the importance of my request? Only time will tell, I suppose! But time is ticking away! The month of September is quickly coming to an end...
If my son is to change schools and school boards, he has to do it soon! Or else, the longer it takes, the harder it will be for him to catchup and to adjust to a new system!
I am worried sick!
All that stands in the way of my son's future and well being, is a simple phone call and $10.00 for administrative fees!
How can I find peace of mind, when I know too well the person who's got my son's future at his mercy?
What will I do if he doesn't call? What then?
"Have faith!" I've been told!
"FAITH!"