After I posted my last entry, I sat behind my computer and pondered about what I had just written.
It dawned on me, "Have Faith!" - two simple words often heard and said by others...
I thought about all the people in my life who have ever uttered those words and it just hit me...
They were basically saying: "Give Up!"
To have faith in anything, is no different than placing control of a situation into unknown hands!
I was never the type to simply roll over and play dead, allowing others to walk all over me!
I am a firm believer that if you want anything done right and done NOW, you had better take care of it yourself!
Yesterday morning, I checked my inbox and to no surprise of mine, there was not a single response to be found, coming from my ex nor his folks! I decided to not allow this to bring me down and took a proactive attitude towards this entire kakamimi situation! I made a few phone calls, trying so desperately to remain positive and...
EUREKA! A glimmer of hope came shining down upon me!
It appears that there might be another way around this bureaucratic bull shit! I spoke directly with the lady in charge of the records department in BC and she stated that, had the Montreal School Board sent her more information on my son and the fact that these documents were needed for him to attend school, she would have released them in a heartbeat!
According to her, she simply received a formal letter requesting those files with absolutely no explanation attached!
OH LORD!!!
I asked her what information would she need, in order to release those documents and she simply said: "A copy of your son's birth certificate, showing the father's name in question!" But it would have to be sent to her by fax, from the Montreal School Board's office!
Holy Jesus!!! That's ALL???
I immediately called my aunt and asked her to come over and watch over my girls. I then hopped into a taxi cab and made my way straight to the school board, with the information in hand!
Papers were drawn up, copied and faxed. I signed a few doted lines and I was given a new school registration form, with phone numbers of all available school in our district. I was told to call whichever one I wanted, to see if they had room for one more student!
I phoned the school I picked out and sure enough, they had room! I went straight there, signed my son up (pending the arrival of those important documents from BC) and left with a bunch of papers pertaining to this new school's rules and regulations.
If all goes well and things are the way they should be, those documents should arrive by today and will be immediately filed with the ministry and by Monday or Tuesday of next week, my son will be sitting in his new class!
"Have Faith!"...NEVER!
If you want something done...
DO IT YOURSELF!
I will leave faith to the spineless ones with weak constitutions!
Additional Note:
My son is completely unaware of all of this! I am so looking forward to seeing the look on his face, when I will finally be able to share the good news with him! The school I have chosen for him is French Immersion. He will still be learning French, but without the added pressure of things being strictly in French! Just the other day, my son was punished for speaking English on school grounds! He had to rewrite his "Code de vie" 6 times as a consequence! In this new school, 60% of his classes will be in French and 40% in English. Should he have a question or need to voice a concern, he will be free to express himself in either French or English, without fear of repercussions! I truly believe that this alone, will do wonders for my son!
In addition to him changing schools, I will also enroll him in the after school program, given at our local YMCA! He will be able to participate in many different sports, make new friends and create a social circle of his own! The most amazing part of this is, each day after class, 2 councillors from the YMCA walkover to the school and pick up kids, who are enrolled in this after school program and bring them straight to the YMCA! We will only have to worry about my son after 6pm each day - Monday through Friday!
I truly do hope that all of these new events will change my son's attitude towards life in general! He is such a good boy, he deserves to finally be happy!