
I am a self-professed clean and order freak! My home has to ALWAYS be clean and in order, even with 3 kids running around! My 4th is on his way in less than 8 weeks!
Here are a few examples of what I manage daily:
-Wake up around 3-4am each day, if 5am, this just means I've managed to sleep in;
-Have one or two cups of coffee while I check my emails;
-Have coffee ready for hubby when he wakes up;
-Make and pack hubby's breakfast/lunch;
-Make breakfast for 3 kids;
-Make and pack a lunch for my oldest for school;
-Toys have to be in their place;
-Dirty clothes have to be in the dirty laundry basket;
-Laundry must be washed and hung outside to dry (every 2nd day);
-Stains must be treated and washed right away off clothing;
-Put youngest down for her mid-morning nap;
-If time permits, take a shower and get myself dressed, or at least looking presentable;
-Shoes cannot be scattered or laying around;
-Kitchen counter tops have to be clean at all times, no exceptions;
-Think of what to make for lunch and prepare it;
-Floors must be swept daily;
-Vacuum must be passed once a day;
-Bathroom has to be clean;
-Put both girls down for their afternoon nap;
-If I can, I try to go down for a nap as well;
-Windows must be clear without smudges or finger prints;
-Highchair must be cleaned and clear of food once no longer in use;
-Cushions on sofas must be in their place;
-Beds must be made;
-Take a stroll to the supermarket to pick up whatever we are missing;
-Entrance staircase must be swept and washed by hand;
-Outdoor balcony (front, back and entrance) must be swept;
-Clothes must be put back and hung in their rightful place;
-Think of what to make for dinner and prepare it;
-Dishes must not lay in the sink;
-Dishwasher needs to be loaded and turned on every night before bed;
-Nothing should be laying around out of place;
-Furniture must be dusted at least once a week;
-Cups and bottles must be brought to the kitchen once empty;
-Kitchen floor must be swept and washed daily or every 2nd day;
-Stove top must be cleaned after cooking, especially after BACON;
-Mirrors must be clear;
-Cordless phones must return onto their bases;
Needless to say, I can go on and on about what I do daily to maintain my home in order!
As if this weren't enough, add to this the fact that I am in my last trimester and I am suffering a severe case of "Nesting Syndrome"!
Everything I have listed above gets done daily, but now I am cleaning places that no one sees and no one will ever see! I am literally climbing walls and washing corners on hands and knees!
When was the last time you climbed a chair to get to that far corner inside your cabinets? When was the last time you cleaned underneath your kitchen or bathroom sink? When was the last time you swept or vacuumed underneath your bed? Have you moved around any furniture since the movers put them down?
I have been going nuts cleaning all of these areas! It's not for nothing that once my husband gets home from work, I am dead tired and I have no more breath or energy to express how my day went!
On top of all that I do daily, I also have to keep an eye on 2 little girls who get into everything imaginable and make sure my toddlers potty training continues successfully, without too many accidents!
Conclusion, when my husband and son return home, everything looks as if nothing ever went on that day!
Sometimes I wonder, if I left everything the way it fell and didn't bother cleaning anything, would my family realize all that I do within the 8-10 hours that they are away?
Because as is, with everything in order and with everything in its place, they must truly think I have both my arms firmly shoved up my bottom and watch soap operas all day long!
Thought this was enough???
Nightly routine:
-Put girls to bed by 7pm;
-Make sure son has finished his homework;
-Make sure son has brushed his teeth;
-Send son to bed by 8:30pm;
-Make sure all toys are picked up and placed back in their original place;
-Make sure the highchair is clean and ready for the morning;
-Make sure front and back doors are locked;
-Make sure unnecessary lights are switched off;
-Make sure all scattered dishes are returned to the kitchen;
-Make sure the dishwasher is loaded and turn on;
-Make sure nothing that is not a toy is laying around exposed to little hands;
-Make sure I have enough milk for the morning;
-Get to bed around 10-11pm or 9:30pm if I am truly dead tired!
After all of this, I must admit, I LOVE what I do! But what drives me insane is when I have to endure listening to many people comment:
"You are so lucky to be able to stay home with your kids! You have it easy and get to relax anytime you want!"
I would love nothing more than to sit my fat bottom behind a desk and MSN my friends all day long and see if anyone gives a crap about me on Facebook!
Sure! Let's trade places for a day! I dare you!