Monday, September 1, 2008

Seasons come and go


Is it just me, or did our summer simply slip by, unnoticed, under the radar?
We are already in the month of September and I can't really say I recall a single day of real heat! This can only make me wonder what kind of a winter we'll have???

I can remember summer days in my youth, how hot they were! The kind of heat and humidity that turned your most conservative neighbours into nudists! To feel the need to want to peel your own skin off - that's the kind of heat we missed this year!

I am sure that for the elderly folks, this summer has been quite a blessing! Hospitals got a break from cases of heat and sun stroke, as their waiting rooms remained empty!

The fall months are right on our heals. With them will come rain, dampness and chills that will cripple anyone with or without joint pains!

To think, Christmas is coming too! Just 2 weeks ago, we received our Sears Christmas Catalogue on our front doorstep!!! Lucky for us, our daughters played with it and several pages went missing, torn out, from the toy section in the back of it!

Who knows what weather will await us all in just a few months! With it will come the sniffles, chest colds and Kleenex's sales will go up!

I guess the only thing we can do is look forward to next spring and hope that the summer will be a lot better than the one we just had! If we can even say we had one!