Sunday, September 7, 2008

The little boy who cried wolf!


Last Friday, my son's school called requesting that someone come and pick him up from school. Apparently, little did we know, my son had fallen victim to some kids bullying him, to and from school and he was afraid to come home alone!

At the same time, we were told that our son was caught sticking a "Kick Me!" sign on a fellow student's back and has been punished accordingly for his actions!

My son's excuse for this bad behaviour, was the fact that he grew tired of being bullied himself and wanted to feel better that he wasn't the only one who had to suffer!

My husband went to pick him up and brought him home.

Once home, we asked him to explain himself. We wanted to know why he hasn't told us about being bullied before and we needed to know when and where these events were taking place. One thing was for certain, it would come to an end and fast, as I simply would not tolerate my son getting hurt on a daily basis!

My son began to explain himself, but somehow, something was not right with everything he was saying. Time lines and details of being punched and kicked! It just didn't make any sense to me, as I knew of no bruises, cuts or scrapes on him!

When I felt I have heard enough bull shit coming from my own kid's mouth, I got up off the couch, walked over to him, stared deep into his eyes and said:

"If you are lying to us and I find out, I swear I will rip your legs out from your a**!"

I then walked away.

A mother's instinct, no child should ever under-estimate it!

Sure enough, my husband was able to finally get the truth out of him! He certainly has a lot more patience than I do! My son is very fortunate for this!

The entire story about being bullied was all made up! My son said that he made the story up, as he did not want to be punished, by me, for having been caught placing a "Kick Me!" sign on another kid's back!

It just goes to show, no principal, no teacher, no one scares my son more than ME, his mother! He knows too well that I will never tolerate any bad behaviour coming from his side and receiving news from his school of any negative events, truly makes my blood boil! I have raised my son properly and such conduct is truly unacceptable in my books!

Needless to say, once we knew this story was false, we had no choice but to give my son a little lecture and tell him the story about "The little boy who cried wolf"!

My son had been bullied in the past, but it was at his old school, in rural Lachute. Two thirds of the students who attended that school, came from under privileged homes, with serious drug, alcohol and physical abuse issues! Some of those kids were truly on their way to receiving a master's degree in armed robbery, assault, drug handling and bouncing from one detention hall to the next, only to finally end up spending their life behind bars in prison!

This is no longer the case at his present day school, but with everything in life, one could not guarantee that such events would not happen ever again!

My son learned a valuable lesson to say the least...

NEVER LIE TO YOUR MOTHER! She knows you too well!