After returning home from shopping, I came to realize that we had bought everything we set out to buy, except for one very important item - DIAPERS, for our youngest daughter!
My husband told me not to worry! After the girls would have gone to bed, he'd step out and go get them at Walmart. Seeing that it was Friday, we knew stores would be open until 9pm.
Time was on our side!
Around 8pm, our girls said their Good Nights and were sent off to La la land!
Right at that moment, my husband's cellular phone rings. It was his buddy calling from a local pub, inviting him out for a beer! He said he would pop in quickly, before heading to Walmart. I flipped! From previous events, I knew that one beer would always end up being 10-12!
My husband assured me and swore that it wouldn't be the case this time around! He would simply pop into the bar, quickly, have his beer and then proceed to go buy the diapers we needed.
I simply replied: "Yeah whatever! See you in the morning!"
Around 8:30pm, the phone rings. It was my husband. He called to let me know that there was no way that he could leave the bar, as his buddy kept buying beer!
I simply hung up the phone and my blood began to boil!
My husband tried calling back, but I simply wouldn't pick up the phone! He must have called a good 3-4 times. Then my mother's number appeared on the display, as my husband no doubt called her, trying to get a hold of me! I still didn't answer the phone! I may be blond, but I am not stupid!
I was pissed! I was fuming! I was mad, as the clock was ticking and I knew Walmart would be closing soon and still no diapers had been purchased! It basically upset me to know where my husband's priorities were!
I paced up and down my hallway, trying to think of a good way to make my husband realize he screwed up BIG TIME! I thought of locking the 2nd lock on our front door, to which no one had the key! I wanted him to pay dearly for his actions and truly didn't mind if he spent the night sleeping in our van!
Around 9pm, I hear someone coming in. It was my husband. I remained calm and waited for him to show his face before me. Sure enough he walks in, with diapers in hand, baring the biggest smile on his face!
"Sweetie, it was a joke! I called you from Walmart to see if we needed anything else while I was there! But I also wanted to see how you would react and how much faith you had in me, when I swore I would be home shortly!"
Sure, we laughed it off, but my husband realized that had it NOT been a joke, things wouldn't have been very funny to say the least!
I think that from now on, my husband will make sure that there is a pillow and blanket in the back of the van at all times!