Saturday, August 30, 2008

Less than 9 weeks to go!


I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared!

With less than 9 weeks to go, this being my 4th pregnancy, my mind is continuously bombarded with undesirable thoughts!

Images of giving birth prematurely, due to all the stress I am able to soak up, simply clouds my mind on a daily basis!

If this were to happen - would my baby survive? Would I survive?

I know I shouldn't even have thoughts like this, as prior to this pregnancy, I have had 3 successful full-term pregnancies and delivered all 3 children without any major complications.

But with life, you never really know what could happen and I suppose this is just one of those things you simply cannot control!

In just a matter of a week, I am scheduled for my 2nd ultrasound. Hopefully this appointment will put my mind at ease!

I can't really say that I am looking forward to giving birth. I can only hope and pray that things will go very fast and that the pain involved will not last longer than a couple of hours! Wishful thinking I suppose!

My biggest fear is that of an emergency C-Section...

The mere thought of being cut open, brings chills down my spine!

I am tired, achy and feel 350 pounds heavy with every move I make! Rolling around in bed has become such an enormous task! Bending down to pick something off the floor, takes 3 times the effort to get back up! I am out of breath and sleep with a fan blowing directly into my face!

I wish this pregnancy was over already, but I realize that NOW is not a good time!

I must remain patient and wait it out another 8-9 weeks -
Only 2 months to go!

This is my 3rd pregnancy in 3 1/2 years...

Needless to say, I am extremely fatigued and can only look forward to regaining all of my bodily functions, to getting back in shape and enjoying my newest addition in our family's life!