Friday, August 29, 2008

Our World has flipped upside down!


I felt the need to share an hour of my day yesterday.

I headed out with my son to go shopping for a few things we needed, e.g. diapers, milk, ...

We get to the Jean-Coutu pharmacy, got what we needed and proceeded to the cash. There was only ONE cash open and the people before us stood there getting over 50 Loto Quebec tickets validated. This couple, they are special to say the least...a real couple of sideshow freaks! Tattoos all over their bodies, both ears pierced from one end of the ear, to the bottom of their lobes, not to mention the multiple piercings they had everywhere else on their bodies...thank God they were covered!

I stood there, with my son not too far from me, holding a bunch of things in my arms. I swear I thought I was going to deliver right there and then. I am 31 weeks along in my pregnancy and my belly has dropped a great deal. Standing in one place for long periods of time is very uncomfortable for any pregnant woman out there!

I let out a HUGE SIGH and uttered words, loud enough for everyone to hear...
"WTF! Why is there only ONE cash open?"

The girl behind the counter overheard my comment and finally realized there was a line up forming behind these clowns.
Backup was called.

After having stood there like an idiot, for what seemed like an eternity, when a 2nd cash finally opened up, we were run over by everyone who stood behind us and never once heard anyone say...

"Go ahead Madame! Cash 2 is now open! You were here first!"

Before I could even blink my eyes, this 2nd checkout was backed up as well!!!

We had no other choice than to remain where we were, behind these yahoos who think Loto Quebec will actually make them Millionaires, for another 5-10 minutes - as if 15 minutes of my time previously wasted, wasn't enough!

THEN, as if that weren't enough for one day...

We then proceeded to go to the Metro supermarket, to pick up a few items there as well.

Again, we were faced with only 2 checkouts open! Both had lineups again!

A couple of men stood behind us and we waited and waited...

Finally, a 3rd cash opened up! Once again, we got run over by the two men who were behind us, as they both dashed for that cash and not once did I hear...

"Go ahead Madame...you were here first!"

I simply said out loud...

"WHAT CLASS...!"

I told my son right there and then...

"Don't YOU ever think of doing this to anyone when you are older!"

He immediately became defensive and replied:

"Those men simply never had a good mother! This will never happen with me!"

How sweet and well said for a 10 year old! But it didn't do much to calm me down at the time!

What kind of a world do we live in, when a pregnant woman - who looks as if she will give birth at any moment, gets ignored!!!?

I was red, pissed off and in total disbelief!

Anyhow, that was my evening!

How was yours?