Friday, August 15, 2008

What goes around comes around...



It's almost 10:30pm and I just managed to sit down and relax!

Today was one very busy day for me, as I cooked, cleaned and even squeezed in some time to prepare yet another wonderful dinner for my neighbours and for my own little army. Bath time came and went. Girls said their good nights and headed off to La La Land. With nothing more to do, I decided to go back over to the neighbour's place to see how everyone was doing.

Emilia is leaving tomorrow for Chile, after having spent close to 2 1/2 months away from her own family, looking after her ill mother. She is such a wonderful woman. I will truly miss her!

I wanted to do something special, just for her, so I brought down my "French Manicure" kit and gave her a salon treatment! She hasn't seen her husband in a very long time, so she wanted to make sure she arrived home looking mighty fine for her hubby!

I left my son to watch the fort, as both girls were safe and long gone in a deep sleep. During this time, my son had a little fiesta of his own! He raided the cupboards and fridge, leaving but crumbs behind!

One thing I noticed right away, was the empty milk jug on the counter! He polished off every single drop of milk we had at home! What will we do tomorrow morning, as not an ounce was spared for coffee?!! We do have "Coffeemate"...but...PIUK!

My husband wouldn't return home until way past 12:30am and the last thing I wanted was for him to have to run to the local Couch Tard (7/11) to pick up some milk, as I am sure all he would be thinking of is sleep!

I called the neighbours and simply asked if they could spare a cup of milk to tie us over until the morning...

No more than 10 minutes later, I had 6 liters of milk delivered to me at our front door!

It's true what they say...

"What goes around, comes around!"

It truly does pay to be good towards others!