
I am sure I am not the only one who can relate to keeping things bottled up inside!
Events, little moments in time which slowly eat away at our spirit and ultimately consume us from the inside out!
I am very fortunate to have a great line of communication with my family. No matter what could possibly be going on in my life, I simply have to pick up the phone, blurt it all out and presto, find some sort of comfort in knowing that the load I have carried upon my shoulders has somewhat been lifted. The only thing I didn't intend, was for MY LOAD to fall upon an other's shoulders.
My poor mother. She'll be 76 years old come the end of May. When I share something with her, she truly digests it, resulting in her taking more medications to lower her blood pressure or to relieve an on coming anxiety spell!
Out of all people I know, my mother is the only one who can truly relate and understand how I could possibly be feeling deep down inside. To talk to her about this or that, truly makes me feel good, as I know I will get some sort of feedback or positive reinforcement.
I simply wish she didn't have to suffer on my account.
Life isn't easy, never will it be.
We are surrounded by miserable people whom have nothing better to do than to bring down others. No matter how hard you try to distance yourself from them, they always seem to lurk in the background of our minds and taunt us on a daily basis.
We can try our best to not allow them to affect our daily lives, but when they are part of your extended family...it's a completely different story!
There is no escaping them!
So what can you do?
This is where communication becomes as vital as the air we breathe!
I am very fortunate that I have a good support system on my side.
No matter what may come my way, I know that I can talk about it and find some sort of peace of mind.