
I have been extremely busy in the last week to 10 days!
Mother of 3 and in a fragile state, I found myself taking on a ginormous task!
On a very limited budget, I decided it was far time I took certain matters into my own hands.
With my dear "Princess" of a brother away on a two week vacation, roasting his nuts on some exotic beaches in Mexico, I knew there was no better time than NOW to take action and to make the necessary changes and clean-up in my dear old mother's home - something she so desperately needed done!
The yellowed, smokers paradise, has now been replaced with industrial white walls and cabinets! For 8 years that kitchen has not seen a single clean sponge or fresh roll of paint! It was quite the task, let me tell you...mid-way, I almost gave up! But now that it is done, I cannot help but pat myself on the back for a job well done!
New light fixtures, all the appliances have been scrubbed to a brand new state! That darn place is squeeky clean - Ready for a white glove inspection!
During this entire process, many thoughts ran across my mind. Words and sentences I have heard over the years - "Man oh man, that place truly needs a good scrub! How can anyone live like that!" All of which came from family members.
Funny thing is, I am the only one who remained quiet and actually stepped up to the plate and did something about it!
It only took a couple of gallons of paint, some elbow grease and the patience of mind to deal with an old woman who has endure war and depression, who could not help but want to hold on to everything...just in case!
End result...35-40 black garbage bags dressed the driveway's edge! (I can tell you, the garbage pickers asked for over-time that day!)
During this week to 10 days, other family members had time off. Did they once call to extend a helping hand? NO!
"Mommy, mommy, mommy! I love my mommy! There is nothing I wouldn't do for my mother!"
Yet when it comes down to it...
ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS!
Mother of 3 and in a fragile state, I found myself taking on a ginormous task!
On a very limited budget, I decided it was far time I took certain matters into my own hands.
With my dear "Princess" of a brother away on a two week vacation, roasting his nuts on some exotic beaches in Mexico, I knew there was no better time than NOW to take action and to make the necessary changes and clean-up in my dear old mother's home - something she so desperately needed done!
The yellowed, smokers paradise, has now been replaced with industrial white walls and cabinets! For 8 years that kitchen has not seen a single clean sponge or fresh roll of paint! It was quite the task, let me tell you...mid-way, I almost gave up! But now that it is done, I cannot help but pat myself on the back for a job well done!
New light fixtures, all the appliances have been scrubbed to a brand new state! That darn place is squeeky clean - Ready for a white glove inspection!
During this entire process, many thoughts ran across my mind. Words and sentences I have heard over the years - "Man oh man, that place truly needs a good scrub! How can anyone live like that!" All of which came from family members.
Funny thing is, I am the only one who remained quiet and actually stepped up to the plate and did something about it!
It only took a couple of gallons of paint, some elbow grease and the patience of mind to deal with an old woman who has endure war and depression, who could not help but want to hold on to everything...just in case!
End result...35-40 black garbage bags dressed the driveway's edge! (I can tell you, the garbage pickers asked for over-time that day!)
During this week to 10 days, other family members had time off. Did they once call to extend a helping hand? NO!
"Mommy, mommy, mommy! I love my mommy! There is nothing I wouldn't do for my mother!"
Yet when it comes down to it...
ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS!