Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Givers vs. Takers


It is very rare that I find the time to write this much! I guess I have far too much on my mind lately and needed some place to file it all!

Our world is composed of givers and takers!

I find it absolutely amazing that those who seem to have less, tend to give more than those who have more to give!

I suppose it boils down to knowing too well what it means not to have. Every little extra that we have, we cannot help but want to share it with someone less fortunate than ourselves! Even if we, ourselves, are not that well off either!

I know a great many people who have so much, they do not know what to do with it all, but if you happen to ask them for help, they bluntly respond: "I am not the Salvation Army!"

I am a giver, yet I am surrounded by takers! Sometimes I truly feel as if I am being taken for granted, as I feel as if I am being pulled from all sides, with no return in sight!

It never fails, when I need help, no one could be found!

Makes me truly sick to my stomach at times, but I cannot change who I am.

I am the type that would give away my last dime! Sadly enough, it will be the person who has a pot full of them that will take it from my hand without thinking twice!

Such is the world we live in!